Thursday, February 24, 2011

So many shenanigans...

So in the span of the last few weeks, I have been knitting away.  I have now finished up my Selbu Modern hat and am loving it.  I whipped it up in Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine in the dark purple and light gray, and I have plenty left to make, well, another hat.
here it is, pictured in Sweet Yarns, the LYS
















Let me just state now, once and for all: colourwork is not that challenging.  It is just about holding your yarns correctly and not sweating it if you make a mistake.  Duplicate stitches are your friends, kids, take heed.

Also, in my spinning escapades, I have plied my first yarn! It is a DK/Sport weight Blue Faced Leicester.
















I have more projects on my needles and more skeins on my spindle, so I will definitely be back soon to keep you posted.  Count on it, because if I am not blatantly feeding my ego, it is a day wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment